Join your colleagues this month in improving your relationship with food – and your diet too. Make a pledge this March to join Dietitians of Canada’s campaign during Nutrition Month.
Do you fight with your food? Do you struggle with stress eating? Cater to children who are picky eaters? Get frustrated with food fads? Need to eat to manage a health condition?
This March, the Dietitians of Canada want to help you end your fight with food. The goal is to help Canadians make peace with their plates –because healthy eating is a cornerstone of personal wellness and chronic disease prevention. So make the pledge at NutritionMonth2017.ca to join the campaign to learn new healthy habits, face your food issues and get inspired by fresh new recipes.
Each week in March, the campaign will focus on different healthy eating strategies:
- Food Fads: How to know which nutrition information to trust.
- Picky Eating: What to do about family meal mayhem.
- Eating and Stress: Why we turn to food when stressed and how to stop.
- Managing a Condition: How to eat well to manage chronic diseases such as diabetes.
- We’re kicking off our Nutrition Month content with an article on one of the most common foods to go in and out of fad: fat. Read Registered Dieitian Jessica Young’s article: Fat in Food – Not just a Fad on our Newsroom to get the facts on healthy fats.
Through the month, you can also follow along with our Fraser Health Registered Dietitians, Whitney Hussain, who works in Abbotsford Regional Hospital’s cardiac and youth clinics, and Devika Sharma who works in Surrey Memorial Hospital’s Hemodialysis Unit, as they take the pledge and blog about their own food challenges and how to overcome them.
Check out Whitney’s blog at Whitney-rd.com and follow her on Facebook at Whitney Hussain RD, and on Twitter at @Whitneyhussain for tips. Catch up with Devika on her blog at Onemorebite.ca, on Facebook at OneMoreBite, on Instagram at Keeping.Up.With.The.Dietitian, and on Twitter at @one_more_bite_.
Staff, patients and the public will have a chance to ask our experts nutrition questions during our Ask a Fraser Health Dietitian Tweet Up on March 15th from 1-2 p.m. Join us on Twitter @Fraserhealth with the hashtag #FHnutritiontalk.
Looking for other ways to participate? Take the pledge to end your food fight by writing your name on the pledge poster and sharing it on social media. Download a free Dietitians of Canada app to help you kick start your health relationship with food: Cookspiration and eaTracker. Follow @Fraserhealth all this month for nutrition tips, motivation and ideas.