This weekend more than 80 members of the Vancouver-area technology community will gather with our experts to solve some of health care’s biggest challenges.
Registration to the Fraser Health Hackathon is now sold out. Can’t be there? Follow along on Twitter at #FHhackathon.
One participating team consists of three colleagues from Corporate and eHealth Services who "constantly imagine a better, more connected future which uses existing technologies to bridge current gaps, for example between first responders, patients and ER staff," according to portfolio manager Steve Smith. "We don’t want to give away too many secrets: our proposed solution aims to reduce the time to get a patient to an ER, and attempts to improve the ER’s preparation for patients who are en-route."
The team was motivated to participate for "the fun of collaborating on something shiny and new; an unfiltered view of what we can do with practical, currently available technologies; and as a great way to spend a rainy, Lower Mainland weekend."
The Fraser Health Hackathon will take place January 21-22, 2017, in partnership with TELUS, Innovation Boulevard, the City of Surrey and SFU Surrey. Participants will be competing for prizes including:
Innovation Boulevard: Health Tech Innovation Foundation prize package
- $700 cash prize
- Two tickets to the B.C. Tech Summit in March 2017
- A professional business and financial plan review.
TELUS prize package
- $1500 cash prize from TELUS Health
- 49-inch HD TV
- The opportunity to spend up to a full day with TELUS’ Chief Dreamer for a “dream workshop” using TELUS Garden Innovation space
- The opportunity to further develop the prize winner’s ideas with key TELUS Venture thought leaders (up to two one-hour sessions).