Fraser Health successfully completed the recent accreditation process with an overall score of 94 per cent.
Congratulations -- we did it!
Last October, we welcomed surveyors from Accreditation Canada for our on-site survey as part of the accreditation process. You have all been involved in quality improvement efforts, and some of you spoke to surveyors as they compared us to the national standards of excellence.
Because of our collective commitment to providing our patients with safe, high-quality care, we are proud to report that we continue to remain 'Accredited'.
Together we achieved:
- A combined result of 94 per cent compliance with the standards
- 100 per cent compliance in three sets of standards: governance; infection prevention and control; and perioperative & invasive procedures
Key achievements noted during our on-site survey:
- “A noteworthy initiative is the program of Engagement Radicals that addresses staff engagement and maintaining the gains.”
- “The organization is commended on its workplace violence prevention strategy.”
- “Staff and physicians interviewed were passionate and enthusiastic about their quality and patient safety projects.”
The survey team recommended we submit some of our initiatives to Accreditation Canada as leading practice including the 'My Health My Community survey'
Read the Accreditation Report and Executive Summary to learn more about our successes and opportunities for improvement.
The Accreditation Team thanks each and every one of you for your ongoing commitment to provide safe quality care to our patients, day in and day out. We are proud of the work you do, and you should be too. We’ll continue our quality improvement work, and look forward to showcasing our efforts during the next survey visit in Fall 2018.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, contact the Accreditation Team at email@example.com.