New! Code Grey and Code Amber are now part of your Emergency Response and Code Manual.
Starting Thursday, June 15, 2017, a major Lower Mainland standardization project will be implemented across Fraser Health. Specifically, for Fraser Health this will include:
- The addition of Code Grey (System failure) and Code Amber (Missing or abducted infant/child)
- Updating of all colour code procedures to the new provincial standard at acute sites
This project is a significant step forward in building a strong and consistent emergency response program across the Lower Mainland.
Health Emergency Management BC coordinators are working in their respective portfolios to implement these projects and will be relying on your support and collaboration. Each site within Fraser Health is having a “Binder Day” where HEMBC team members and site leadership are handing out your new colour code procedures, code quick reference posters, and colour code cards. Starting today, we ask that you do the following:
- Review the updated and standardized Emergency Response and Code Manual, including the addition of Grey and Amber Code sections.
- Check for the Code Quick Reference Guide poster in your unit/department.
- Obtain your colour code cards at your site's "Binder Day"
- Visit the Health Emergency Management page on FH Pulse.
- Register for an online learning module on CCRS (Code Red, Code Green and Code Yellow available).
We would like to thank all the emergency management committee members, employees, physicians and programs who continue to help us reach this significant milestone in health emergency management in the Lower Mainland.