10 ways award recipients earn honour and recognition. Hurry, the nomination period closes on March 31.
We work with wonderful people. Every day, our colleagues go above and beyond their daily duties to enhance the care and services we provide. Help them get the recognition they deserve. Nominate them for an Above and Beyond Award today. It’s not too late.
Recognizing the good work that our colleagues, volunteers, physicians and teams do is central to creating a culture of collaboration, engagement and respect. But that’s not all an Above and Beyond Award brings. Here’s a top 10 list of all the ways our award recipients are honoured for their inspiring efforts to advance health care:
1. Recognition from peers: It’s nice to be noticed. Winning an Above and Beyond Award is the ultimate symbol of respect from your team.
2. Recognition from Fraser Health leadership: Each awardee receives a letter of congratulation from Fraser Health CEO Michael Marchbank, as well as an individual award trophy and pin.
3. Recognition from your site and program: News of your award is shared with site and program leaders and often shared out via e-mail or published in site or department newsletters.
4. Recognition from friends and family: Each awardee is celebrated at a special awards ceremony and reception in the fall to which they can invite close family and friends.
5. Recognition by their professions: Our past award winners have been profiled in Doctors of BC articles, and featured on the web sites and social media channels of professional organizations including the Divisions of Family Practice, UBC’s faculties of Medicine and Nursing, and provincial and national nursing associations, to name a few.
6. Recognition from the public: Each award winner is celebrated in a personal profile story and included in a video segment which are shared with the public on our web site and promoted on our social media channels. Each year, these are some of the most-read and shared stories we produce.
7. Recognition by government: Several of our past winners have been showcased on the social media channels of B.C. MLAs and Mayors. A few of our past winners have also received personal letters of congratulations from their MLA for their service.
8. Recognition by the media: Many of our past award winners have been profiled in local media, including newspapers and news web sites, including: Hospital News, Peace Arch News, Langley Advance, New Westminster Record, Abbotsford News and others.
9. Recognition from foundations: Many Fraser Health hospital foundations reprint the inspiring stories of award recipients in their newsletters and donor materials. These stories, in turn, help to inspire donors to contribute to excellent patient care at our facilities – winning an award can help give back!
10. Recognition from other health care awards: Winners of our Above and Beyond Awards are frequently recommended for other BC health care awards, including the HEABC’s (Health Employers Association of BC’s) BC Health Care Awards, where the winners are recognized at a provincial level.
Need tips on submitting an Above & Beyond Award nomination? We’ve got an easy three-part outline on how to write a winning nomination: here’s Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Or, read our guide How to Submit a Winning Nomination, review a sample nomination for an individual or team, or refer to our FAQ and Rules and Guidelines. Want inspiration? Watch or read stories of our 2016 award recipients.
For more information, visit fraserhealth.ca/aboveandbeyond or contact Catherine Oversby at Catherine.Oversby@fraserhealth.ca or (604) 517-8632.