Log your commute and be part of the nationwide campaign.
For six years, we conducted our own internal Clean Commuter and Wellness Challenge campaign and employee participation was staggering. This year, the Lower Mainland health care organizations are invited to take part in the nationwide Commuter Challenge campaign between June 4 and 10.
What is Commuter Challenge?
- A week-long event during Canadian Environment Week (June 4-10, 2017)
- A friendly competition between Canadian cities and workplaces
- Encourages Canadians to leave their cars at home
- Rewards walking, cycling, carpooling/ride-sharing, taking transit and telecommuting (yes, see prizes below)
- Celebrates active and sustainable transportation
- Locally hosted by city coordinators who support workplaces
How it works
- Register yourself any time before the end of the challenge
- You walk, cycle, carpool, take transit or telecommute during the event week
- To be included in the final results, you need to make at least one sustainable commute during Commuter Challenge week; of course you can commute sustainably every day
- You log your commute by first signing in
- Registration and logging will be accepted until Saturday, June 17, 2017
- On your log page, you will see your impacts adding up
- Tracked impacts are emission reduction, calorie consumption, distance and fuel cost savings
- Results are updated daily so you can see which workplaces and cities have the highest percentage of healthy commuters
Whether you are trying something new or already commuting sustainably, the challenge wants to reward you. Some prizes are based on achievement, while others are randomly selected. There are prizes for both teams and individuals. So ANYONE can win. Check here for a long list of great prizes.
Ready to join the fun?
Register now under "Lower Mainland Health Care Organizations (Fraser Health Authority, Providence Health Care Society, Provincial Health Services Authority, and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority)" and choose your workplace from the locations below:
- Bella Bella
- Bella Coola
- Coal Harbour
- Maple Ridge
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- Pitt Meadows
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- West Vancouver
- White Rock
Share this information with your colleague to add to the fun. Happy clean commuting!
Contact CommuterChallenge@best.bc.ca or 604-669-2860.
P.S. 2017 Spring Bike to Work Week is still ongoing. It’s not too late to log your trips and have a chance at winning prizes.