Tips on how to stay safe in winter weather, how to avoid common winter illnesses, and how to avoid winter accidents.
Winter is coming. Make sure you survive the coming season of dark and cold with your health and happiness intact.
Our Winter Health Guide offers advice on everything from how to get exercise in inclement weather to how to keep your mood bright when it’s dark out. This year’s guide shares tips on how to stay safe in winter weather, how to avoid common winter illnesses, and how to avoid winter accidents. Plus, you’ll read advice on how to maintain healthy eating habits at holiday parties and how to use your ER wisely over the holidays.
Our featured content includes:
- What to do if you’re worried about your child’s fever, but not sure if you should take them to the emergency room. Read the Parents’ Guide to Using the ER Wisely.
- What can you do at home to prevent and treat the bugs you catch this winter? It’s important not to overuse antibiotics in treating your symptoms. Sore Throat: Should I Take Antibiotics? can help you determine how best to be Using Antibiotics Wisely.
- Avoid back injury and muscle strains while shovelling snow. Read What Should You Know Before You Start Shovelling? and Shovel Light: Back Health Tips.
- How to dress properly for winter weather and activities. Read How to Dress for Winter Activities, Safety Outdoors in the Cold for Toddlers, and Checklist for a Fun, Safe and Active Winter.
- Feeling stressed over the holidays? Learn about The Health Benefits of Holiday Giving, How to Beat Holiday Stress! and Avoid the holiday blues this festive season. A great antidote to feeling blue this holiday season is to Get outdoors! Get active!
- Going to a holiday party? Check out Tips for Eating Healthy at Holiday Parties, Heart Healthy Tips for Celebration, Managing Holiday Cheer One Drink at a Time, and Low-Risk Drinking Guidelines.