Today our CEO and vice presidents are making Change Day pledges to demonstrate their commitment to better care.
Fraser Health’s senior executive team proudly shows their support for Change Day with personal pledges: (back row, left to right) Michael Marchbank, Dr. Victoria Lee, Cameron Brine, Laurie Leith, Philip Barker, Linda Dempster and Dr. Roy Morton. (front row, left to right) Naseem Nuraney, Rhonda Veldhoen and Brenda Liggett.
We each have a part to play in making changes to improve the health care system for our patients, clients and residents. That responsibility also lies with our senior executive team. Today they are making personal Change Day pledges to demonstrate their commitment to better care, and challenging other senior health authority executives in B.C. and Alberta to join the movement and make Change Day pledges.
Fraser Health President and CEO Michael Marchbank pledges “to follow a bone marrow transplant patient through the process of their care”; Laurie Leith, Vice President Regional Hospitals and Communities, pledges “to spend a day in Surrey Memorial Hospital pediatric emergency to better understand the patient and provider experience”; and Philip Barker, Vice President Informatics and Analytics, pledges “to volunteer at homeless shelter kitchens for youth.”
Our CEO and vice presidents believe we each have the power and passion to lead better care. Here is a list of all their pledges:
- Michael Marchbank, President and CEO, pledges to follow a bone marrow transplant patient through the process of their care.
- Dr. Victoria Lee, Vice President Population Health and Chief Medical Health Officer, pledges to share and showcase our learnings and achievements boldly.
- Cameron Brine, Vice President People and Organization Development, pledges to experience a day in the life of two frontline care providers by shadowing and learning from them for a day.
- Laurie Leith, Vice President Regional Hospitals and Communities, pledges to spend a day in Surrey Memorial Hospital pediatric emergency to better understand the patient and provider experience.
- Philip Barker, Vice President Informatics and Analytics, pledges to volunteer at homeless shelter kitchens for youth.
- Linda Dempster, Vice President Patient Experience, pledges to appreciate and understand the work across Fraser Health by spending time in all departments.
- Dr. Roy Morton, Vice President Medicine, pledges to improve efficiency and access to Medical Affairs for Fraser Health’s 3,000 physicians.
- Naseem Nuraney, Vice President Communications and Public Affairs, pledges to pause more often to say 'thank you'.
- Rhonda Veldhoen, Vice President Community Hospitals and Programs, pledges to improve patient experiences.
- Brenda Liggett, Vice President Facilities Management and Chief Financial Officer, pledges to do 25 flights of stairs each day.
Our senior executives invite you to join their Change Day efforts and submit your pledge today. Visit the Change Day BC information hub to view pledges shared by others involved in health, social and community care.