On November 17, Fraser Health celebrates the finale of the Change Day campaign with final counts of pledges tallied across the region and around the globe.
On November 17, Fraser Health celebrates the finale of the Change Day campaign with final counts of pledges tallied across the region and around the globe. Over the coming weeks we will then begin to see pledges fulfilled and the benefits they bring forward.
Leading up to this celebration sites are involved in a host of creative Change Day activities to boost pledges for positive acts of change. Sites and teams here share highlights of their activities and invite others to also start friendly competitions:
- Surrey Memorial, Royal Columbian and Burnaby Hospitals are rolling out Change Day pledge carts. They invite care providers, patients and family members to make a commitment to positive change.
- Burnaby Public Health brought Change Day magic to their Halloween festivities with pledges.
- Royal Columbian Hospital’s Redevelopment Office is tracking pledges on a wall thermometer.
- Burnaby Hospital is making Change Day pledges in pairs and posting them on their Change Day tree that continues to grow. Pledge mates will then follow-up with each other on fulfilling those pledges.
- Workplace Health Call Centre has rallied to make a single team pledge that benefits their health. They are committing to change their sit/stand workstations at least four times daily to maintain good health and prevent injury.
- We are joining the BC Patient Safety and Quality Council in hosting a Change Day BC pledge station at our Patient Experience Conference on November 8.
We each have a part to play in making changes to improve the health care system. No matter how big or small your positive act of change, your commitment makes a difference.
Pledges are easy to do. We invite you to take a moment to submit your pledge online or to join someone else’s pledge.
Thank you for joining the movement for positive change.