New funding is now available to support Fraser region teams to plan research and knowledge translation projects.
The BC SUPPORT Unit Fraser Centre is pleased to announce a new opportunity: The Fraser Centre Planning Award for Patient-oriented Research and Knowledge Translation. Up to five awards worth $10,000 each are available. The application deadline is November 15, 2017.
The planning award supports multidisciplinary teams (patient, researcher, clinician, and decision maker) to develop collaborations and plan their patient-oriented research or knowledge translation project that aligns with the CIHR Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research mandate.
Any team member (including patients and clinicians) is eligible to apply and lead the project. Applicants must work or live (patients) in the Fraser Health service area.
What could you use the funding for?
- Costs of meetings, such as room and equipment rentals, food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Reimbursement for patients: out of pocket travel expenses, childcare, etc.
- Stipends for patients or release time for clinicians
- Costs of paying personnel to coordinate events or undertake literature reviews
- Costs of services, such as meeting facilitation
- Office supplies to support the above activities
Visti our website for the award guidelines and application form.