You have one week left to tell us how you could use $5,000 to increase employee engagement and improve the patient experience in your community.
Have an idea that could increase your site’s engagement and/or improve patient care? Tell us about it and you could win up to $5,000 to grow your idea!
Here are some examples that might jog your imagination
- Plan a team building event for you dispersed department.
- Implement a patient appreciation day at your site.
- Launch a method to ease patients’ frustration during wait times.
- Develop a mobile app that improves communication with patients and families.
- Create a system that increases collaboration across the teams or units at your site.
Whether your idea is big, small or ground breaking – as long as it improves team engagement or leads to a better patient experience – you’ll be in the running. Tell us your story and you could win an opportunity to showcase your idea at the 2018 Engagement Summit for the chance to win up to $5,000 to invest in your project.
Contest and submission details
- Submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly explain:
- The innovative idea or action and how it will improve the patient experience or your team/site engagement
- How you will use the $5,000 prize fund to move your idea forward.
- Accepted formats include:
- A photograph and written description (300 words max).
- A short 2-3 minute video. (Note: if using video, you’re encouraged to upload your finished product to YouTube and submit the link.)
- You are encouraged to partner with teammates, managers, directors and colleagues.
- Submission deadline: 4:00PM on Thursday, January 11, 2018.
- A panel of four judges (comprised of senior leaders and patients) will review all submissions between January 11 and 18. All participants will be contacted on January 22 with the results.
- The top five finalists will be invited to attend the 2018 Engagement Summit on February 8, 2018 (i.e. one invitation per finalist).
- Finalists will be responsible for creating and presenting a table display at the Engagement Summit that further elaborates on their innovative ideas/actions.
- Attendees at the summit will have an opportunity to vote for their favourite submission. The finalist with the most votes will be the winner of the $5,000 prize fund!
**IMPORTANT**: if you were recently awarded an Innovation Grant, you will not be eligible for this contest.
About the E-Summit
On February 8, 2018, the Employee Experience team will host their Annual Engagement Summit. This year’s event aims to inspire a future of everyday engagement and innovation at Fraser Health. As part of this year’s theme – The Future Is Us – we will explore our individual and collective roles in creating exceptional patient experiences.