View clinical documents from Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care in the Unifying Clinical Information Network.
As part of the expansion for the Unifying Clinical Information (UCI) Network, we have made some changes and there is new information available in UCI.
Provincial Lab Results
Access to Provincial Lab results have changed in UCI. Provincial Lab results have moved from the bottom of the Clinical Documents page to under the Laboratory tab. From the menu bar, hover your mouse over the Laboratory tab and click Provincial Lab to view Provincial Lab results.
You can now access patient clinical documents from Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Providence Health Care (PHC) on the Clinical Documents page of UCI.
This includes clinical documents from:
- Provincial services such as BC Cancer Agency, BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital
- Health care areas including Acute Care, Outpatient Care, Palliative Care and Residential Care
Clinical documents that are not currently available include:
- Documents from community services (will be available at a future date)
- Allied health documents at this time because allied health care providers document on paper in these three health authorities
What does this mean for me?
As of March 7, 2018, you can view the following patient information from VCH, PHSA and PHC:
- Clinical documents
- Encounters – Has the patient had any visits with a health care provider on a specific date?
- Contacts – Next of kin and emergency contacts information
- Critical Care Indicators – Includes only MRSA and VRE
Further expansion of the UCI Network will occur in the Summer of 2018 with the addition of a search function to help find specific clinical documents and lab results.
Do you want to know more about VCH, PHSA and PHC information on UCI Network? Watch our videos about Laboratory and Clinical Documents in UCI.
The UCI support team provides training and support sessions across clinical areas. Visit the UCI Network - Education page on FH Pulse for more information.
Do you have questions? Email us at email@example.com.