When meeting via Skype for Business, turn on your webcam and encourage your participants to do the same.
When meeting via Skype for Business, turn on your webcam and encourage your participants to do the same. By doing that, you’ll instantly turn your teleconference into a video conference.
To turn on your webcam during a Skype for Business meeting, click on the video icon at the bottom of the call window, and then click on Start My Video.
- 81 per cent of meeting participants think that video conferencing provides more genuine collaboration than phone and email can provide.
- About 60 per cent of participants feel that seeing other participants during the meeting makes the meeting more feel open.
- Participants will be more willing to engage in discussion during meetings when sharing their video.
- 74 per cent of participants feel that decision-making was more collaborative and joint than decision-making through phone and email.
- 79 per cent of participants find communication more effective because they are able to see others in the meeting, and this helps them concentrate for longer during the meeting.
To register for a Skype for Business class, view the training schedule for March and April to see which classes are available, then register on the Learning Hub.
Need help? Contact Service Desk or send an email to Computer.Training@fraserhealth.ca.
 Fraunhofer Institute 2012, accessed March 20, 2018, <http://www.telepresenceoptions.com/2012/11/study_video-conferencing_ups_p/>
 Molyneaux H., O’Donnell S., & Milliken M. 2012, National Research Council of Canada, accessed March 20, 2018, <http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/article/viewFile/2511/2324>